Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Singapore Arts Festival

I miss flying in the air, up close and personal, with bursting fireworks dancing in the air.

Just some five months ago, I spent a whole four days rehearsing for my debut performance at the Singapore Arts Festival. I realised that I love performing. It's fun. And way, way up in the sky.



I used to dread rehearsals in the army. I digress. There is nothing that is really enjoyable in the army.

I used to think why we waste precious time doing the same thing over and over again. I was wrong. Rehearsing for the opening performance titled Dreams in Flight made me realise that the more I rehearsed, the more fluid I was at executing my moves.

So the Chinese saying ten minutes on stage is equivalent to ten years of practice off stage (or in the sky for that matter).



And of course the parties that followed - the free flow of beer, wine, alcohol. I love the arts. Visual arts or performing arts bring it on anytime.



To sum this off before I continue doing my project, I'll end with a quote.

No prizes for guessing which one of the above in the photo is me.

Until the Singapore Biennale 2008. Art rocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.