Friday, October 5, 2007

Something new

Here's something new dedicated to art in Singapore.

Art has started to flourish in Singapore and more so the young. I'm pretty much interested in art these days - visual, sculptures, paintings (a little bit) and installation art.

My closest encounter with art so far was during the Singapore Biennale last year. Now that school's just a stone's throw away from the art galleries at the National Museum and the Singapore Art Museum, it makes it easier to fall in love with art.

This blog is titled "artblock" and there are two meanings to it. First, artblock can mean simply "art block". Similar to writer's block, this is sort of like an artist's block. Secondly, artblock is also what I call the art paper in the form of a block. So viola, this blog is born.



I'll be slowly trying to blog about my encounters with art here.

It's getting exciting.

No comments: